write a character who reads. write a character whose unrealistic goal it is to read every published work. write a character who comes across the book, written by you, of their own life. write a character who has a breakdown upon discovering their life was created by the mind of another. write a character who refuses to read on. write a character who becomes convinced they have to break free from the rigid boundaries set for them by you. write a character who finds they can’t. write a character who feels they can never read again. write a character who ignores every written word, who barricades themself within an empty room in their home, fearing otherwise they will read the future they no longer wish to find out. write a character who, after years of solitude, of convincing themself there must be a mistake, finally gives in to curiosity. who reads the last pages of your book. write a character who dies young, alone, and terrified
I’m aware that not many roleplayers pay too much attention to their character’s appearance. This a real shame because in way, we don’t let our characters see other character’s physical appearance for themselves. We do it ourselves. We know how their character looks like thanks to their face claim. But I think it would be very interesting to let our characters react to the physical appearance of other characters. Here are some links you guys can look through if you want to give it a shot.
- List of Physical Appearance Adjectives from Fox Hugh
- Character Description Resource from The Word Pool
- How to Describe a Person’s Physical Appearance from WikiHow
- Describing People: A Person’s Physical Appearance from ILU English
- Words to describe Apariencia (Physical Appearance) from Learn Spanish
- Descriptive Words for Characters: Physical Qualities from Kilgore Independent School District
- Examples of Physical Characteristics from Your Dictionary
- List of Descriptive Words for Appearance from Your Dictionary
How to guides
- Creating Vivid Characters from Skotos
- Describing a Person: Adding Details from WriteShop
- How to Describe a Character’s Looks Well from WikiHow
- Your Character’s Physical Appearance from Tim Vandevall
- The Writer’s Bane: Describing a Character’s Physical Appearance from the Bookself Muse
- Writing Adolescent Fiction/Describing physical characteristics from WikiBooks
Sorry if you've already answered this but what are some good ways to get yourself motivated to write?
We have a lot on this! Augh, let me find some tags.